During my recent stint in Quebec, Nutella and I became the best of friends. I hesitate to tell you how many jars I consumed, partly because it’s an expensive habit, and also because it’s just plain embarrassing. Let’s just say that there were numerous occasions when friends observed an open jar of Nutella with a spoon sitting in it on my desk. I’m going to blame this one on dorm life.
Since Nutella has such a presence in Quebec, it would’t have been right leaving without some recipes so a bought this cute little book: Nutella-les 30 recettes culte written by Sandra Mahut. It’s an awesome little recipe book with everything from lava cake to lollipops.
First up on my to-make list was the Nutella fudge. It is a super easy recipe with only 5 ingredients in it. Here is all you will need:
And don’t worry, I (google) translated the recipe into English for you 🙂
Source: Nutella-les 30 recettes culte
- 115 g softened butter
- 200 g Nutella
- 400 g powdered sugar
- 140 grams unsweetened evaporated milk
- 50 small marshmallows
- In a small bowl, combine Nutella and butter. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the sugar in the milk until dissolved; add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Keep on low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add Nutella & butter mixture, mixing gently until completely combined with marshmallow mixture.
- Pour mixture into an 8×8 inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, then cut, serve, and enjoy!
Side note: the other day at Costco, I found a 5 kg jar of Nutella! I would have bought it and made all 30 recipes from the book, but the thought of spending $40.00 on Nutella kind of ruined it for me 🙂
Happy Nutella baking!